Our front door was boring…a lot of brown & beige blandness. I’m not exactly sure how or when I let this happen but this week I decided to remedy the situation. I did not want to spend a lot of time or money, and wanted to utilize what we already had…a quick & easy fix.
All the new additions purchased from Target with the exception of the plants from Lowes. We bought the grinder at an estate auction last year and it has been sitting in the same spot ever since…not living up to its full potential. I found this shallow galvanized planter which fit in it perfectly to add some trailing greenery.
I decided to stick with green as a subtle pop of color. I added a hanging fern, buffalo plaid indoor/outdoor rug and mini boxwood wreath. I have been loving the look of layered rugs lately…I wish I would have thought of it sooner.
This little project cost right around $50 and only took a few minutes to put together once I purchased everything. This is a perfect example of how not all changes have to be drastic or expensive.
Sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately, it has taken me some time to get back in the swing of things after vacation. I’ll make sure to post soon about our trip to Mexico.
Have a great weekend!