Who doesn’t love a good alliteration? Or more importantly a good snack?
In honor of this sweetest of days, I am sharing this quick recipe. Many of you have probably had something similar to this before. I have heard it referred to as “reindeer food” or even called “white trash” snack mix, but I’m open to new suggestions. I recently made this to take to our friends’ house for Super Bowl and extra for Mark & I to share at work and munch on at home. I used Valentine M&Ms but it can be tailored to any occasion…Christmas, July 4th, Halloween…
Honestly, it is crazy how simple (and good) this is.
Measurements don’t have to be exact, but for 1 batch you will need approximately:
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 package M&M’s (10-12oz bag)
- 1 package vanilla CandiQuik/Almond Bark
- 1 cup Cocktail Peanuts
There are plenty of variations or ways to customize if you so choose: Add Cheerios, use pretzel twists instead of sticks, etc.
- Combine all ingredients, except CandiQuick in a large bowl.
- Melt the CandiQuick in the microwave according to package directions
- Pour over other ingredients in large bowl & stir to coat
- Spread mixture out on parchment paper to cool & dry
- Break into pieces & store in air-tight containers
It is THAT SIMPLE.
Sending you lots of love,
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!