Quick Fix: Laundry Room
Posted on December 7, 2015
by Becky Poole
Leave a Comment
Not all worthwhile home updates require a great deal of planning or a large budget. We have been in our new house for almost a year now and one of the rooms I left neglected until recently was the laundry room. I realize it isn’t exactly the most exciting room to makeover, but it started to bug me that I hadn’t done anything to make our laundry room more organized and less boring. I finally decided to spend a little time and money to spruce it up a bit, and I am glad I did. I would say in total I spent a few hours searching for good deals on items to use, and ended up spending less than $50. It was by no means a drastic transformation, but enough to make me happier every time I open the door.
Before & After
How I did it:
- Searched for items in soft greens, blues & natural tones
- Utilized miscellaneous bins/baskets I already had in the house to organize things on top shelf including: cleaning supplies, paper towel, light bulbs, etc.
- Put Command hooks on the wall to get brooms/mops off the floor
- Added a brown woven fabric hamper & plaid rug to make it feel a little warmer and less sterile
- Found a cute LAUNDRY sign and a fabric plastic bag dispenser, both from Etsy (see my previous blog post entirely dedicated to Etsy)
- Used a wire rack made for closet organizer system to keep dryer sheets & stain remover handy at all times
- Purchased a small galvanized bucket small enough to sit on top of the dryer to empty the lint trap instead of having to carry to the trash every time, added the word “LINT” with a chalk marker.
Nearly a year after moving in and it feels good to finally have this checked off of my to-do list! On to the next project…